Monday, January 31, 2011

Infant Stimulation

Today I am going to talk about the infant stimulation techniques we followed with our baby. I did not know much about Doman or flash card at that time. We made sure that she got a lot of tummy time and placed her in her musical playmat everyday for a couple of hours. She was fascinated by the lights and this helped with her cognitive development. My mom would talk to her daily and she used to respond back from a very early age (around 6 weeks). She started smiling 2 weeks after her birth which is apparently very rare. I read to her whenever I could. She would listen intently and watch me turn the pages. We also took her out almost everyday and I used to name everything that we saw along the street. She is a cat napper and slept very less during the day but slept through the night from the very beginning. We gave her oil massage every other day before her bath and used to love it. We did show her some black and white patterns (but that was only once in a while). She rolled over from her back to tummy when she turned 3 months. I guess it was mainly due to the tummy time exercises we gave her. I wish I did more of the doman style black and white cards and math dots with her from the very begining...but again no regrets.
 Its only after she turned 4 months that I started her on Doman flash cards and other early learning dvds. I will talk in detail about the early education  method I have been following since then in my next blog….so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your educational journey:>) You are very fortunate that you have found this so early on. I have four children and had never heard of teaching babies to read or any of the other early education info that is out there. My youngest is 4 years old and I'm just learning about it. I really wished that I knew about it with my oldest child and on.

    ReplyDelete